Upper Mustang trek offers a spectacular trekking experience in the remote trans-Himalayan mountain region of Nepal. The 17-day trip begins in Kathmandu with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Then we drive to Pokhara and fly to Jomsom the next day and begin trekking. Upper Mustang is also known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom because it wasn’t until the 1990s that tourists were allowed to enter the region. While trekking in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal, we can admire the uniqueness of tree-less landscape, rocky trails and views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and other Himalayas.
Day 01 Arrival at Kathmandu
Day 02 Drive to Pokhara
Day 03 Fly Jomsom (2,720 m) and trek to Kagbeni (2,800m)
Day 04 Trek to Chele (3,050m)
Day 05 Trek to Shyangboche (3,800m)
Day 06 Trek to Dhakmar (3,820m)
Day 07 Trek to Tsarang (3,560m)
Day 08 Trek to Lo Manthang (3,800m)
Day 09 Excursion at Lo Manthang (3,800m)
Day 10 Trek to Yara (3,550m)
Day 11 Excursion Ghara Gau (Luri Gompa)
Day 12 Trek to Tangge (3,240m)
Day 13 Trek to Chhusang (2,980m)
Day 14 Trek to Muktinath (3,710m)
Day 15 Trek to Thorang la pass (Stay Muktinath)
Day 16 Trek to Jomsom (2,720m)
Day 17 Fly back to Pokhara
Day 18 Free day at Pokhara (sightseeing)
Day 19 Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 20 Departure from Kathmandu
- Historic Kingdom Lo Manthang.
- Buddhist Monasteries along the way.
- Panoramic view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains.
- Stunning trek in the isolated Trans-Himalayan Mountain region.
- Tibetan influence culture, traditions and hospitality.
- Many high passes, peaks, glaciers, and alpine valleys.
- Explore Nepal's oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with quaint white washed houses
- Airport transfers with an escort
- All meals during trek
- Accommodation during trek
- Kathmandu to Pokhara transportation in a private vehicle
- Pokhara to Kathmandu airfare
- Pokhara/Jomsom/Pokhara airfare
- English speaking local guide & porters
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit
- Trekkers' Information Management System fees
- 3 nights' accommodation at tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing with breakfast
- All guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees.
- Equipment and clothing for all porters and staff
- Insurance for all staff and porters
- All government & applicable charge
- Nepal visa - Multiple Entrée 30 days - USD 40 per person
- International flight
- Mustang trekking permit (USD 500 per person for first 10 days and USD 50 per person per day thereafter).
- Horse ride fee at Lo Manthang
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra baggage charges
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
- I always wished to have a wonderful and memorable trip and now my wish is fulfilled. Thank you very much for organizing and managing such a great trip.
- Treks and Tours with Boss Adventure is like traveling with family members because of the people working on who always tried to do their best to fulfill everything we need. Awesome places with awesome peoples of Boss Adventure.
- Spending time by visiting new places is right decision that every people made and for me the right decision I ever made while visiting new places was when I choose Boss Adventure for tours in Nepal. Thank you for making my time worthy.
Wellington, New Zealand
- Our guide and driver in Bhutan were awesome, too. Our guide in north India was wonderful, it was great to have a Tibetan-Buddhist guide for us. I want to thank you for your service, you did a great job planning the trip and taking care of the problems that arose.I appreciate your help.