This trek takes you to Makalu Base Camp (5250 m), now designated as Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Area. Mt. Makalu (8463 m) is the fifth highest peak in the world. The Makalu Base camp trek is a true adventure with scenery so beautiful that it will never tire you. One of the most popular trekking destinations among solitary trekkers, Makalu Base Camp offers an exceptional opportunity to explore high-altitude terrains, snow-clad landscapes and ethnic Himalayan lifestyle. Our journey begins with an hour-long flight to Tumlingtar whereas the real trek starts from Num. This trek visits one of the most remote and unfrequented areas of Nepal. The lower reaches of the trail are renowned for their lushness with verdant rhododendron forests whereas the upper reaches of the trail comprise of polished granite cliffs capped by hanging glaciers, overflowing with waterfalls.
Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02 Flight: Kathmandu to Tumlingtar then drive to Num (1560m)
Day 03 Trek to Seduwa (1500m)
Day 04 Trek to Tashigaon (2100m)
Day 05 Trek to to Khongma Danda (3500m)
Day 06 Trek to Dobate
Day 07 Trek to Yangri Kharka (3557m)
Day 08 Trek to Langmale Kharka: (4410m)
Day 09 Trek to Makalu Base Camp (4870m)
Day 10 Explore Makalu Base
Day 11 Trek to Yangri Kharka
Day 12 Trek to Dobate
Day 13 Trek to Khongma Danda
Day 14 Trek to Tashigaon
- Stay: Tent
Day 15 Trek to Num
Day 16 Trek to Tumlingtar
Day 17 Flight: Tumlingtar to Kathmandu
Day 18 Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 19 Final departure
- See Everest from a unique angle, it’s eastern Kangshung face
- Gain views of eastern Nepal, as far away as Kangchenjunga
- Pass from green terraced farmland to glaciers and waterfalls
- Witness the rural life of Nepal’s distinct Rai and Sherpa culture
- I always wished to have a wonderful and memorable trip and now my wish is fulfilled. Thank you very much for organizing and managing such a great trip.
- Treks and Tours with Boss Adventure is like traveling with family members because of the people working on who always tried to do their best to fulfill everything we need. Awesome places with awesome peoples of Boss Adventure.
- Spending time by visiting new places is right decision that every people made and for me the right decision I ever made while visiting new places was when I choose Boss Adventure for tours in Nepal. Thank you for making my time worthy.
Wellington, New Zealand
- Our guide and driver in Bhutan were awesome, too. Our guide in north India was wonderful, it was great to have a Tibetan-Buddhist guide for us. I want to thank you for your service, you did a great job planning the trip and taking care of the problems that arose.I appreciate your help.